[WisPeaceInfo] Ron Kind petition off to a great start

Richmond, Rick (rrichmon@uwec.edu)
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:06:56 -0600

Subject: [WisPeaceInfo] Ron Kind petition off to a great start
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:06:56 -0600
From: "Richmond, Rick" <rrichmon@uwec.edu>

The Red Cedar Peace Initiative is circulating petitions asking Congressman Ron Kind to support Rep. John Murtha's call for immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Copies of the petition and background information are available on the SFPJ website, http:/www.uwec.edu/sfpj/. Please download, print and circulate the petitions - they include information on where and when to return them to the Red Cedar Peace Initiative.
  Rick

From: WisPeaceInfo@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WisPeaceInfo@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Warren Lang Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 9:29 AM To: wispeace Subject: [WisPeaceInfo] Kind petition off to a great start

This weekend Red Cedar Peace Initiative initiated circulation of a petition urging Ron Kind to support Rep. John Murtha's Bill proposing immediate withdrawal from Iraq.

Please join us by gathering petition signatures. The petition and background about the Murtha Bill are attached so you can download them. If you are in Dave Obey's district contact Gaylord Oppegard-- gpoppegard@aol.com--and request a petition form. We have 93 members on this list serve. If each of you asks ten friendly neighbors to sign we could send Kind over 900 signatures!!!!!! Easy.

Below, Barb Thomas, who with Hank Thomas collected several pages of signatures last Friday at our rallies, demonstrates how easy and pleasant it is to get people signed on. The signee is our Eau Claire compadre, Jay Tobin.