RE: Petition for Worldlinktv: "Television without borders"

Drumm, Daniel L. (DRUMM@uwec.edu)
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:48:40 -0600

Subject: RE: Petition for Worldlinktv: "Television without borders"
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:48:40 -0600
From: "Drumm, Daniel L." <DRUMM@uwec.edu>

I would suggest some ground work to find out who makes these decisions,
(are they made locally) and to whom the petition should be addresses.

Also, spaced reminders would keep the issue on their mind. I would be willing to give a phone call to the office and make a personal request. I would be nice to get a call in there every week until something is done.

-- Dan

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Wahome, Kimamo Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 11:24 AM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Petition for Worldlinktv: "Television without borders"

Would there be interest in starting a petition to get Charter Communications to add Worldlinktv.org/ to their channel line-up for this area? For those of you who are familiar w/Worldlinktv, it is a true burst of progressive fresh air at a time when the airwaves are suffused
& polluted by right wing nuts & their propaganda. Worldllink's motto,
"Television without borders," should tell you a lot about what to expect. Plus, the best part about worldlinktv is just how comprehensive their programming is: Comprehensive coverage of world news to documentaries to world music to world culture & world history. For those of you for whom this is foreign, (pun fully intended.......!) feel free to peruse information about the channel at: worldlinktv.org.

If there is enough interest, I'll gladly start a petition & circulate it. Obviously, the # signatures we can garner up is directly proportional to the petition's likelihood of success. So, we may have to get family, friends & colleagues to endorse the petition. Perhaps we can strengthen the case for offering worldlinktv by getting some departments on campus, such as the Colleges of Arts & Sciences, to endorse the petition?

Thanks & your thoughts are most welcome

Good day,

Kimamo wa Wahome