Important PSA Meeting -- Preparing for the October 26 Protest -- Wednesday 10/18, 6 pm, Clearwater Room, Davies Center

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:36:04 -0500

Subject: Important PSA Meeting --  Preparing for the October 26 Protest -- Wednesday 10/18, 6 pm, Clearwater Room, Davies Center
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:36:04 -0500
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

  Hello everyone,
  There will be a
  Progressive Student Association Meeting Wednesday, Oct. 18 6pm, Clearwater Room, Davies Center
  We will continue to discuss our plans for the Oct.26 rally here on campus. If you would like to get involved in the planning process for this event, I would urge you to be there. If you have not been actively involved in PSA so far but would like to increase your involvement, this is a good event in which to do it.
  See you there!!
  Dana Thompson President, PSA

*****

    I also want to encourage people to come and help out with this. We can use help:
  1. Spreading the word and encouraging individuals and groups to come, march, and rally. Again, let's aim to make this a big crowd--120 to 240 people minimum!
  2. Soliciting and lining up speakers and performers (musical or otherwise--if you want to juggle, do magic, read poetry, perform a dramatic skit, do a piece of performance art, whatever, if it bears on the issues of the day, fine--we welcome it).
  3. Making sure we have appropriate and adequate signs and banners prepared.
  4. Making sure we have appropriate and adequate noisemakers, besides voices, such as whistles, drums, other instruments, and even, yes boomboxes, with prepared recordings of relevant music on topic to play at the rallies and during the march.
  5. Making sure we have megaphones for the rallies and the march.
  6. Preparing chants ahead of time and designating chant leaders--it's often very helpful to do this ahead of time in order to be most effective.
  7. Gathering other materials to exhibit, display, and give out--as appropriate/relevant.
  8. Working on local publicity--postering, chalking, and media contact.
  Bob Nowlan PSA Faculty Advisor

*****
  If you can't make this Wednesday's meeting but you are able and willing to help with one or more of the above aspects of preparation, contact Dana or I to let us know and get started working with us on it:

  thompsod@uwec.edu

  ranowlan@uwec.edu