Re: FYI Robin's Listening Session

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:50:23 -0500

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:50:23 -0500
Subject: FW: FYI Robin's Listening Session
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

From a friend some of you know.

Time for some letters to the Leader-Tel?

Kate Hale English

------ Forwarded Message From: Will Fantle <wfantle@sbcglobal.net> Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:07:42 -0500 To: <phillija@uwec.edu>, <contact@prophyperfect.com>,
<bhoefgen0362@charter.net> Cc: <btg8689@sbcglobal.net>, <halecl@uwec.edu>, <Dan@jenanddan.com>,
<jandproach@charter.net>, <oinkrot@discover-net.net>, <kathy1000@gmail.com>
,
<andy1@cuttingedge.net>, <reneefe@charter.net>, <guitar8@sbcglobal.net>,
<astonewi@aol.com> Subject: Re: FYI Robin's Listening Session

great story on Channel 13 about the forum - with video link on the right column (Forum Backouts).

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/4463477.html

cut and run republicans, backing out of commitments and afraid to discuss issues in the public spotlight.

- wf
-
------------------------

Media Advisory Contact: Penny Graham October 20, 2006 Home: 835-4900; Work: 839-8055

The Candidate Forum for Chippewa Valley Voters will be held, as planned, tomorrow, October 23rd at 7:00 pm. The planning committee received a lette r
(attached in .jpg format) on Friday, October 20th, alerting us that four of the candidates were withdrawing from the event. I am attaching our letter in response, urging them to reconsider. The letter has been emailed and faxed to the candidates and hand-delivered to their Eau Claire headquarters
, so we hope they will have the time to change their plans.

If the attached letter (in .doc format) does not open, I am also pasting it in the space below.

Thank you, Kate Hinnant

_____

Senator Ron Brown 31st Senate District
  Senator David Zien 23rd Senate District
  Representative Rob Kreibich 93rd Assembly District
  Representative Terry Moulton 68th Assembly District

  October 22, 2006
  Dear Senators and Representatives:
  The Candidate Forum for Chippewa Valley Voters will take place Monday, October 23, 2006, despite the last minute notification that you will not be attending. It is our hope you will reconsider and participate.
  Why go ahead?
  We are still committed to our goal of providing Chippewa Valley voters the opportunity to get to know their candidates. As we stated in our letter of August 28th, our forum will focus on issues important to women, such as education and the environment. The specific topics were mailed to you on October 3rd: womenıs healthcare, solid waste disposal, educational funding, W-2, and political gridlock. We also detailed the forum format and ground rules.
  We were disappointed to receive your letter on Friday, October 20th. We have been coordinating and publicizing this event for over three months. The four organizations involved have carefully formulated questions that reflect each of their non-partisan missions. The League of Women Voters an d the American Association of University Women both have long traditions of facilitating non-partisan forums.
  It surprised us that you have questioned our forumıs impartiality. This issue was not raised by any of the candidates who participated in the Chamber of Commerceıs forum in early October, despite partisan contribution s by the Chamberıs Board of Directors.
  We hope that you will join us tomorrow evening at South Middle School. We plan to conduct an informative and nonpartisan event.
  Sincerely,

  The American Association of University Women ­ Eau Claire Chapter League of Women Voters of Wisconsin Women in Higher Education The Wisconsin Alliance for Womenıs Health
  cc: Leader-Telegram, Don Huebscher, Christina OıBrien; The Spectator; WQOW-TV 18; WEAU-TV 13; WAYY-WAXX; WOGO/WWIB; WBIZ-B95; CVCTV; Wisconsin Public Radio; Kathleen Vinehout; Pat Kreitlow; Michael Turner; Jeff Smith

------ End of Forwarded Message