Fw: Comments on a Thought

Mary Weil (mw2085@charter.net)
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:17:32 -0600

From: "Mary Weil" <mw2085@charter.net>
Subject: Fw: Comments on a Thought
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:17:32 -0600

More thoughts Mr. Fulgione asked to be passed on to sfpj.

Subject: Comments on a Thought

Greg Moore, District 17 Supervisor has put together a very thoughtful commentary on his insight into the County Facility Needs & Plans. I have attached the document which was sent around as a public document on a listserve service . I have taken the liberty to make commentary to his thoughts. I believe this comment & commentary does well to point out the distinct differences that exists between those who wish to protect the neighborhood and make better use of our riverfronts from those who feel the jail addition would only be an architecturally accommodating small 2 story facility that would fit well.

I in no way intend this demean Mr. Moors thoughts and belief on how the process went nor his conclusions but rather create a means by which the differences can be better seen.

The real question is yet to be focused. Does the city want an expanding jail facility to be built in this area with all of the ramifications that this beginning will result in. The question needs to be answered by full disclosure and full involvement of the public in this debate.

This is a long document but it does help create focus and show a different set of beliefs and approach. Since Mr. Moore's comments are out on a listserve it can be assumed they are free to pass around... My comments are open air without his grounding. Feel free to pas it around as well.

Ken