RE: PASS THE WORD > The $64M Question is on cable 11 CTV -

Drumm, Daniel L. (DRUMM@uwec.edu)
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:36:28 -0500

From: "Drumm, Daniel L." <DRUMM@uwec.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:36:28 -0500
Subject: RE: PASS THE WORD > The $64M Question is on cable 11 CTV -

For those that have not yet see the program mentioned below, I highly recom mend it. (Monday night 10pm Channel 11) It's a good primer on the jail his tory, and shows some of the expansion plans of the ever expanding jail. It
 also explains how the city can and should not allow this monstrosity becau se it clearly does not fit into our comprehensive plan.

I hope to see many of you tonight at city hall, at 6pm. We will not be say ing anything at the council meeting, but we do want to show support for our
 city council and encourage them to stand up for our award winning comprehe nsive plan. I good showing is required tonight!

- Dan

Watch Cable Channel 11 on CTV ~ Saturday at Noon, Sunday At 5pm & Monday n ight at 10pm

Will Fantle, Jeff DeGrave, Maureen Slauson & Ken Fulgione put together a pa nel discussion about some of the issues and concerns surrounding the propos ed new Jail project called "The Question ~ The $64 Million Dollar Question"
 "We tried to present this with as much open and full disclosure of informa tion as we were able." Ken Fulgione said ..... "We all talk too much on thi s panel.... but we did the best we could... Hope you find it accurate and i nformative"

The program is set up as a panel discussion on
* how we got to where we are ... (a study in expansion & mis-communi cation or lack there of)
* concerns with the proposals presented & alternatives that still ne ed to be discussed
* concerns about financial impact & how it might effect new programs
 just being started as well as a discussion about staffing needs yet to be presented
* discussion on how the jail fails to relate to the city's comprehen sive plan for downtown & the neighborhoods and why the county refused to pa rticipate
* Recommendations for what community members can do and what is next
 on the agenda for this project

PASS THE WORD The program will replay Saturday at Noon (12:00pm), Sunday At 5pm & Monday
 night at 10pm on cable channel 11 thanks to Community TV