Climate Change/Peak Oil the focus of Thursday's FORUM

Gragert, Jeremy Evan (GRAGERJE@uwec.edu)
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:00:19 -0500

From: "Gragert, Jeremy Evan" <GRAGERJE@uwec.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:00:19 -0500
Subject: Climate Change/Peak Oil the focus of Thursday's FORUM

Hi Everyone, I want to make an announcement about an incredible speaker coming to UW-Eau
 Claire this Thursday, April 17 at 7:30pm in Zorn Arena, as part of the For um Series: James Howard Kunstler, author of The Long Emergency, will be speaking about
 climate change, economic collapse due to peak oil, and the need to live in
 more locally-focused and sustainable communities.

Here is a link for more information, ticket prices, etc.: http://www.uwec.e du/newsreleases/08/apr/0407Kunstler.htm

Jeremy P.S. My friend Isaac found these great links: In case you all are not familiar with Mr. Kunstler, here is a link to a tal k he did in Monterey a few years back for TED Talks. http://www.ted.com/ind ex.php/talks/view/id/121. It's about 20 minutes long and is quite entertain ing. Also, here is a link to a trailer for his latest work, World Made By H and. It's his first piece of fiction, and is about a small town in upstate New York in a somewhat post-apocalyptic world after peak-oil. http://www.yo utube.com/watch?v=-zi_u0Q1RwY. Enjoy!