Film this Thursday

Kaldjian, Paul J. (KALDJIAN@uwec.edu)
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:34:24 -0500

From: "Kaldjian, Paul J." <KALDJIAN@uwec.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:34:24 -0500
Subject: Film this Thursday

Dear Colleagues and Students, My Geography of the Middle East and North Africa (GEOG 319) class will be w atching Paradise Now (2005), the first Palestinian film recommended for an Academy Award. The film has been recommended by Jack Shaheen (author of Re el Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People) as one "that humanizes Arab s by showing that they are flawed and diverse human beings who have conflic ting and complex perspectives on political resistance and terrorism (Media Education Foundation)".

I know it is on the heels of another successful Progressive Film Festival, but we thought you might be interested in joining us, so we invite you to o ur class tomorrow evening Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 7:30 in Hibbard 103. Af ter watching the film, we will be discussing it afterwards.

See you tomorrow.

Dr. Paul Kaldjian Associate Professor of Geography Dept. of Geography and Anthropology University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire Eau Claire, WI 54702