Today's Garvey Blog

John & Liz Webster (webjljt@triwest.net)
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:03:36 -0500

From: "John & Liz Webster" <webjljt@triwest.net>
Subject: Today's Garvey Blog
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:03:36 -0500

  GARVEYBLOG September 9, 2008 Try harder! By Ed Garvey

A member of the Wasilla Library Board sent a list of books and authors Sarah Palin tried to have banned from the library. Vonnegut, Twain, Harper Lee, Steinbeck, J.D. Salinger, Solzhenitsyn, J.K. Rowling, Faulkner (White House Named Desire) and, sit down before reading, Maya Angelou's I know Why the Caged Bird Sings. (Somehow my mind sees Palin with a shotgun, ready to shoot the uncaged bird.) Truly nutty.

Palin's church is on God's far-right. She prayed for a gas pipeline and her church is sponsoring a prayer confab for gay conversion to the heterosexual life. "Pray away the gay!" How about a mention of climate change?

The good news? All you have to do is tell the truth about Governor Palin.

She won't meet the press other than People magazine. (Who knew it was still being published?) But she will talk with good-time Charlie Gibson. A real treat in store.

Generous: I announced at Fighting Bob Fest that we needed $7,500 to meet expenses and the biggest crowd yet put $17,000 in the buckets. Thank you!

Dick Leinenkugel is Doyle's most recent Republican appointment; Secretary of Commerce. Another opening, another Republican. Well, it is okay to find talent on both sides of the imaginary isle, but did anyone ask his view of unions? One report has it he dislikes all unions but one in particular. Someone should ask.