Longfellow Puddle Jump SFPJ team

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:04:33 -0500

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:04:33 -0500
Subject: Longfellow Puddle Jump SFPJ team

DONE! I do hope there will be other walkers. A team of 2 wouldn't make much of a
 showing! How about others joining Theresa & me?

Karen Osborne Pope Associate Professor Emerita, McIntyre Library University of WI - Eau Claire popekj@uwec.edu cell 715 529 0272

________________________________________ From: Kemp, Theresa D. Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:43 PM To: Pope, Karen O.; sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Anyone want to do the Longfellow Puddle Jump as an SFPJ team?

Hi Karen and SFPJ folks, That's great you want to do this. 5K is a little more than 3 miles.

I've taken "lead the effort" to mean that I've sent out the suggestion.

Now, anyone who wants to sign up should print out the form: http://www.longfellow.ecasd.k12.wi.us/About/Puddle_Jump_09_Phoenix_Park.pdf

Then fill it out and send in the fee ($20). Under "team name" we can all w rite SFPJ, and then show up at Phoenix Park on April 18th.

Let's say anyone who signs up can meet together at a particular spot--how a bout right by the labyrinth--on April 18th.

Does that sound ok? Theresa

-----Original Message----- From: Pope, Karen O. Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:47 AM To: Kemp, Theresa D.; sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Anyone want to do the Longfellow Puddle Jump as an SFPJ team?

Theresa: I think this is a really great idea to connect with community k-12 educatio nal issues. I'd be glad to contribute or participate if you would lead the
 effort. I'm assuming by then I'll be able to walk that far! Thanks for the suggestion,

Karen

________________________________________ From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu [sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Kemp, Theresa D. [TKEMP@uwec.edu] Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:22 AM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Anyone want to do the Longfellow Puddle Jump as an SFPJ team?

Hi SFPJ folks,

Is anyone on SFPJ interested in going together as an SFPJ team to the Longf ellow Puddle Jump 5K Fun Run/Walk on April 18th? The cost is $20 per team member. The applications are due 3/27 for teams (so they can put our Team Name on the shirt) or 4/9 for those going as individuals. I've pasted in th e link to the application form at the end of this message.

With budget cuts to the ECASD, education will continue to be a justice issu e--especially for low-income schools like Longfellow Elementary School.

Longellow Elementary is holding their annual fundraiser for their Community
 Learning Center, after school program, and program scholarships for studen ts. It's a 5K Fun Run/Walk on April 18th.

Date: Saturday, April 18th, 2009 Registration: 7:30 am -8:30 am Race Start: 9:00 am and the children's race to start at 10:00 am. Location: Pheonix Park

Here's the registration form: http://www.longfellow.ecasd.k12.wi.us/About/Puddle_Jump_09_Phoenix_Park.pdf

Here's the link to their CLC After-School Program: http://www.longfellow.e casd.k12.wi.us/CLC/CLChome.htm

Thanks, Theresa