Re: WI can move Obama's healthcare plan

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:16:54 -0500

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:16:54 -0500
Subject: FW: WI can move Obama's healthcare plan

This message link makes it easy to send letters to our WI reps. Please sen d today.

Karen

________________________________________ From: Drew Hudson, TrueMajority [alerts@truemajority.org] Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:01 AM To: Pope, Karen O. Subject: WI can move Obama's healthcare plan

[http://act.truemajorityaction.org/images/email_header_tm_usa.gif]<http://a ct.truemajority.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VtzBPMiKAX%2BQUDUNL5u0NugIGg5pj quM>

Dear Karen,

Help Obama and Kennedy pass real health care reform!
[http://act.truemajorityaction.org/images/obamakennedy.jpg]<http://act.true majority.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AvN%2BROYDGp8ilhoZ245IJ%2BgIGg5pjquM>

Tell your state legislators to endorse a public option.<http://act.truemajo rity.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VsysD74F5ZAsxSw%2FH7czq%2BgIGg5pjquM>

Ted Kennedy and his allies in the Senate have put forward America's first b ill to guarantee quality, affordable healthcare for everyone1. But Republic ans and some Democrats are already threatening to kill the bill because it would allow Americans one thing: CHOICE.

Insurance companies and their lackeys in Congress claim that if we let Amer icans choose a public health insurance option, it will cut into their profi ts. After years of building an American health care system that's like a ho use on fire, their only strategy is to block the exits when help is near.

The good news is, they might be right. States across the country are alread y using public plans to drive down costs and expand access to healthcare2. Now, a movement of legislators from these states is mobilizing to tell Cong ress it's time to unify these local efforts into a national public option. Ask your state legislators to endorse a public option<http://act.truemajori ty.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hGdGAR%2B4W1ghrVbgdvtdj%2BgIGg5pjquM>, and d emand health care for all NOW!

http://act.truemajorityaction.org/t/120/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=2 2<http://act.truemajority.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MdxDW9EdoIAjkaNjWHubm OgIGg5pjquM>

Senator Kennedy and President Obama want to allow Americans to pick a publi c health insurance plan if we want it3. It's a great idea, but it's not a n ew one.

States from Vermont to California are already using their own versions of a
 public option. But only the US government is big enough to make insurance companies negotiate, and lower costs for all of us. Which is why the insura nce industry's lackeys in Congress will say or do anything to lock us out o f choosing a public option4.

And that's why getting state legislators on board is such a great first ste p: State legislators can attest that choice works, and they can deliver the
 call for reform with extra legitimacy and power because they are also elec ted leaders. Most important, they can speak with authority because states a lready implement lots of public health care options - like children's heal th insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare.

Kennedy's bill could give us a real choice in health care - but we need a 5 0-state strategy to deliver it to the President. Tell your state legislator
 to get on board<http://act.truemajority.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2koCkJ HNsKzZ%2Fw0Bl%2BzxyLZccQISU21%2B> by signing the letter for a public plan a nd real health care reform.

- Drew Drew Hudson TrueMajority/USAction

1 - cnn.com/2009/ POLITICS/06/09/health.care.debate/ 2 - progressivestates.org/statefedhealth/letter 3 - reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idUSN0940025020090609 4 - usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-06-08-moderates_N.htm

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for TrueMajorit y.<http://act.truemajority.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=E60CIPnCvZBjQpflq4jW WegIGg5pjquM>

To stop ALL email from TrueMajority, click here<http://act.truemajority.org
/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=r9uFpXM7W1cvqPCl%2FPXXwugIGg5pjquM> to remove your self from our list.