You are invited to march with VFP in the Pure Water Days Parade.

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:20:54 -0500

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:20:54 -0500
Subject: You are invited to march with VFP in the Pure Water Days Parade.

THIS WEEKEND SATURDAY AUGUST 8. The Chippewa peace stand is at 11 and the p arade assembles at 12:30. Let's support this expression of another possibility of a way to conduct ou rselves internationally and to politely request to bring the soldiers home
. . . Please forward this and carpool if you can.
________________________________________ From: Thomas Chisholm [leclam@charter.net] Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 7:59 PM To: Pope, Karen O. Subject: VFP in the Pure Water Days Parade.

Dear Karen and Peace Friends.

The annual Pure water Days parade will begin at 1300 hours from Spring St.

VFP and friends will form between Island St. and Pine on Spring Street--that is two blocks from the bridge on Main St. "the western bridge" over the Chippewa River, or three blocks from Bridge St which in "the main st." in CF which crosses the "eastern bridge." If you arrive with some costumes, signs, drums, flutes, trumpets, hats, something to hand out, so much the better. Of course there is some standing around until the parade actually begins marching north on Bridge St. so you don't have to be there before 1230.

Our position number is 31. That puts us about in the middle of all the groups.

As usual the Peace Vigil will begin at 1100 on the corner or Bridge and River across from the Visitor Center.

Bring sun screen and an umbrella if necessary.

No one bothered us last year but you should be prepared to respond clearly to any of the usual derogatory statements or good questions.

Remember: we have been in Israel since 1948, in Iran since 1953, in Iraq since 1980 and Afghanistan/Pakistan since Jan. 1980. That is a long time and thus far we have gained ? or lost? Who have lived, who have died, who were wounded?

Peace, Chisholm