Re: White House 'health care'

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:23:04 -0600

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:23:04 -0600
Subject: FW: White House 'health care'

yet another petition for your signature, fyi ; new polling data
________________________________ From: Stephanie Taylor, BoldProgressives.org [info@boldprogressives.org] Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:56 AM To: Pope, Karen O. Subject: White House announcement

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.boldprogressives.org/images/pass_good_tell_noc lick.jpg]<http://act.boldprogressives.org/go/431?akid=428.221726.wGrmRw&t
=1>

Karen,

BREAKING news: At 10am, the White House released a new health care proposal
 in advance of Thursday's "bipartisan summit."

It doesn't include the public health insurance option...even though that's what has broad support in the country.

Can you help us get 100,000 signatures on this message to Congress by Thurs day?

"Americans want a good health care bill with a public option, even if it pa sses with only Democratic votes. We would rather have a good bill than a bi partisan one."

Sign the statement here -- then pass it to your friends.<http://act.boldpro gressives.org/go/431?akid=428.221726.wGrmRw&t=2>

Today, we are releasing this statement -- along with new polling data that proves it is true -- to the media and Congress. We'll keep them informed ea ch day as our number of signatures grows.

Along with Democracy for America and Credo Action, we hired a professional firm to poll the states of key senators -- Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Claire McCaskill, and others.

In state after state, voters said they would rather "pass health care refor m that includes a public health insurance option but gets zero Republican v otes" than "pass health care reform without a public option but with some R epublican votes."

Click here to see the (hot) new polling data -- and sign your name to the s tatement.<http://act.boldprogressives.org/go/431?akid=428.221726.wGrmRw&t
=3>

Then, please pass this to your friends.

Thanks for being a bold progressive.

-- Stephanie Taylor, Aaron Swartz, Adam Green, Michael Snook, Andrew Perez,
 and the PCCC team