Memorial Day Event

Lisa/Bill Lickel (lickels@netzero.com)
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:45:13 -0500

From: "Lisa/Bill Lickel" <lickels@netzero.com>
Subject: Memorial Day Event
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:45:13 -0500

From the Farmington Historical Society, Inc.

Please Join Us

Pay tribute to Wisconsin's fallen soldiers in six wars through a moving multi-media presentation on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, 2008 at Washington County's Fillmore Turner Hall.

Hear in their own words the experiences of ordinary citizen soldiers

sent to defend our country's honor on foreign fields.

They Should Not Be Forgotten

Memorial Day, May 26, 2008, Noon

Fillmore Turner Hall, County Highway H, east of State Road 144

Family activities and refreshments after the program by the Turner Athletic Club

From the

Civil War - Wilhelm Ramthun, Kewaskum

World War I - Lee F Pickett, Marathon County

World War II - Gordon Petersen, Milwaukee

Korea - Francis B Spaeth, Monroe

Vietnam - George Joseph Carr, New Berlin

Iraq - Rachel K Bosveld, Waupun

SIX WARS, SIX LETTERS, MULTIMEDIA, AND AN OLD TRADITION

The Farmington Historical Society, Inc. pays tribute with the public to Wisconsin's fallen soldiers in a unique manner on Memorial Day, 2008. At a very special ceremony you will hear words from our state's men and women who fought in six different wars. They are the words of everyday, ordinary citizen soldiers.words sent home in letters. These letters expressed their feelings, their concerns for home and family, and their plans for the future. The letters are especially moving because they are from those who did not return home alive after the war.

A multimedia presentation of war photographs and music accompanies the readings.

Navy Recruiter Scott Turiff will present uniforms on display.

The ceremony concludes with a salute of homage to our soldiers in the cemetery that is adjacent to Turner Hall. Those in attendance will be invited to place a flower on the final resting place of a veteran, a long-standing tradition in the town of Farmington.

Program developer: Ellen Kesting, 262-692-2659

Farmington Historical Society, Inc. contact: Lisa Lickel, 262-692-2135

Our thanks to FreeQuincy Radio Theater, Jeff Wolf, freequincyradio.podOmatic.com, for sound mixing