Gift Agreement

Marjorie Eid (marjneid@athenet.net)
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 11:41:53 -0500

From: Marjorie Eid <marjneid@athenet.net>
Subject: Gift Agreement
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 11:41:53 -0500

The Winneconne Historical Society has had a "Donor Deed" in the past which was filled out by the donor with description and value of the item. It was used like a receipt but the gift was listed as an unrestricted gift.

However, we decided we needed a better statement and we now have a new Gift Agreement which simply states "I hereby unconditionally donate to the Winneconne Historical Society, my property described on this sheet to be used and/or disposed of by the Society at its unrestricted discretion, and for myself and my descendants, I waive all present or future rights to this property."

Further we are trying to accept only items pertinent to our goals.

We still have a problem of items donated over the years for which records were never kept.

It will be interesting to hear what others do. Marge - Winneconne Historical Society, Winneconne, WI