Re: Trunk sale

Don Jensen (dnjkenosha@wi.rr.com)
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:21:44 -0500

From: "Don Jensen" <dnjkenosha@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Trunk sale
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:21:44 -0500

I would think the problem could be mitigated by making it clear in advertising or promoting the auction that the items are NOT from the collection but were specifically donated for the fund-raising event. One problem we all face in such situations is the image created by the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, which stresses only monetary value, whereas our mission is preservation for historical value. Whenever we are seen by the public as focusing on the monetary, we tend to weaken our image. Unfortunately, we have to rely on fund-raising in order to carry out our mission. It is something of a Catch-22 situation.
--Don Jensen Kenosha History Center, Member BoD