Postcards

Sara Steele (smsteele@wisc.edu)
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:36:57 -0500

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:36:57 -0500
From: Sara Steele <smsteele@wisc.edu>
Subject: Postcards

Hi

Destinee used antique postcards as a quick example but it triggered this thought.May we use this listserve to alert each other if a postcard comes in that another Historical Society might want?

Our Cottage Grove Area HIstorical Society's photo archivist, Dennis Bork, acres@chorus.net searches Ebay and post card shows for post cards with a Cottage Grove post mark or mailed to someone at Cottage Grove. He has gotten some great photos for our photo collection from such postcards as well as having fun tracing the history of some of the buildings shown. We would appreciate it if you would let Dennis know if you chance on one related to Cottage Grove that your group does not want.

Sara Steele Text Archivist smsteele@wisc.edu