Re: General Question in Regards to Flood Damage

dchs@att.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:53:44 -0500

From: <dchs@att.net>
Subject: Re: General Question in Regards to Flood Damage
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:53:44 -0500

Hi Rick--So far, so good here in Beaver Dam. Our museum is up on a rise and so far there isn't even water in the basement. However, as the news has reported, the dam is being watched very closely and sandbagging went on through the night Thursday (the 12th). Driving on the roadways in Dodge County is discouraged. So we are fortunate to still be dry at the museum, but we pray the dam holds. Many homeowners are having problems.
 I bailed water out of the basement where I live near the Beaver Dam River last weekend. If the dam broke, we would see instant devastation I assume. Mary Beth Jacobson, Curator, Dodge County Historical Society.