RE: curtains

vcmuseum (vcmuseum@frontiernet.net)
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:04:37 -0500

From: "vcmuseum" <vcmuseum@frontiernet.net>
Subject: RE: curtains
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:04:37 -0500

The 1908 Sears catalog we have in our reference library shows lots of lace curtains, in white or cream color. Lambrequin lace valances are also shown.
(You will have to look that one up!) They also were selling opaque shades at that time with decorative borders and fringe on the bottom. Olive green and white were the colors. Good luck. Carol

Vernon County Historical Society, Viroqua

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Mike & Carol Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 8:22 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: curtains

We are trying to find out what curtains or drapes in all rooms of a house would have looked like in 1908. Can anyone give me a resource to check for this?