Re: Flooding in the Midwest

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:37:03 -0500

Subject: FW: Flooding in the Midwest
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:37:03 -0500
From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>

List Serve Members,
  Below is a message from the President/CEO of the American Association for State and Local History.
  Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society
  c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire 105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701 Voice: 715-836-2250 Web: www.wisconsinhistory.org <http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/>
  Review past messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory
<http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory> .

Dear Friends:

All of us at AASLH express our concerns for those across the Midwest who are suffering due to the recent flooding.

As a member of the Heritage Emergency National Task Force, we would like to make sure that our members are kept up to date on responses from the field. Heritage Preservation, in support of the Task Force, has created a new webpage on the Midwest flooding at http://www.heritagepreservation.org/PROGRAMS/TFcurrent.html
<http://www.heritagepreservation.org/PROGRAMS/TFcurrent.html> .

This website is an excellent resource for information on disaster resources and response. It is one click away from the Heritage Preservation home page. The page includes links to information resources for cultural heritage institutions and sites, as well as contact information for relevant state agencies.

Although the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin have been affected the most by this tragedy, we are sending out this email to all of our members who may have family, friends, and colleagues in the areas hardest hit by flooding. AASLH will keep abreast of the situation and provide more information to the field as it becomes available.

We realize that many folks in the region are dealing with the dual pressures of taking care of their families and homes in addition to taking care of emergency and disaster preparedness at their respective institutions. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Terry

President and CEO AASLH 1717 Church St Nashville, TN 37203 615/320-3203