Re: Archiving groups of paperwork

Jim Laird (jimhope@charter.net)
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:32:38 -0600

From: "Jim Laird" <jimhope@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Archiving groups of paperwork
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:32:38 -0600

Kathy,

This is how we handle our PastPerfect entries.

Each entry has several digits. Example: 2008.0023.0123 .... The 2008 indicates the year the item accepted by the historical society. The 0023 indicates the number of the collection. Each collection can contain documents, books, photos, items, etc. The 0123 indicates the individual object. In the example it is a large donation, it has at least 123 objects. If one object has several pages we take care of that situation by adding -01 etc. In other words if the page is two sided one side would be 2008.0023.0123-01 and the other side would be 2008.0023.0123-02
.... In other words, when you are working on the image management screen you can have multi images per object, we find the -01 etc. takes care of this and when you click the display multiple images button the bottom of the screen you can see all of them.

We feel this works well for us. We have nearly 6000 entries and many, many more images.

If you would like to chat you can call me at Jim Laird: Home (920) 324-3878, Cell (920) 948-5780

Jim Laird