Re: Film Festivals---an opportunity to apply!

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:06:17 -0600

Subject: FW: Film Festivals---an opportunity to apply!
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:06:17 -0600
From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>

List Serve Members,
  Below is information about a new opportunity from the WI Humanities Council. Please check out the information and website if you are interested in applying to be one of the hosts for the Wisconsin: Making it Home film festival series.
  Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society Voice: 715-836-2250
  Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846
  Review past messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/
<http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/>

Announcement:

The Wisconsin Humanities Council is offering a very exciting opportunity for four groups or communities to host a festival called Wisconsin: Making it Home, which includes a collection of excellent films about the environment, landscapes, weather, resources, and the creatures of the earth. We're looking for strong partners, groups we can work with over the next year to develop the festivals as events that serve the specific interests and concerns of their local community. The Making it Home festivals will be in the spring of 2010, and the deadline for applications is March 30, 2009.

The information is all on the WHC website: http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/makingithome.html.

Jessica Becker Director of Public Programs Wisconsin Humanities Council www.wisconsinhumanities.org
<http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/> 608-263-3155 direct

Explore Wisconsin's culture, arts, humanities, and history at www.portalwisconsin.org <http://www.portalwisconsin.org/> .