Holiday Open House

West Allis Historical Society (wahs@sbcglobal.net)
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:46:30 -0800 (PST)

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:46:30 -0800 (PST)
From: West Allis Historical Society <wahs@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Holiday Open House

  November 18, 2008 The West Allis Historical Society in conjunction with the West Allis Histor ic Preservation Commission invites everyone to its annual Holiday Open hous e on Sunday December 14, 2008 at the West Allis Historical Society Museum a nd Log School House at 8405 W. National Ave. from 1pm. until 4 pm. The theme of this year˘s event is Honoring Those who Never Made it Home f or the Holidays.  Our exhibits and decorations will honor each and every Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman, and Coast Guardsman from West Allis and it s predecessor communities who died in the Civil War, World War I, World War
 II, Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. We ask that our visitors please bring an item to add to a care package that
 we would like to send to a West Allis resident currently serving overseas.
  Suggested items are canned or bagged non-perishable fruit, canned junk food, chap stick, hand warmers, CDs/DVDs, international phone cards, indivi dual packages of powered soft drinks, and personal care items.  For a mor e complete list, please visit http://thefuntimesguide.com/2005/09/soldiersp ackages.php Light refreshments will be provided as well as caroling and Jingles the Elf
 in the log School house cabin.  The public is always welcome, Admission is free, handicap accessible.  For further info contact the West Allis Hi storical Society 414-541-6970.  www.westallishistory.org or storical Society 414-541-6970.  www.westallishistory.org or wahs@sbcgloba l.net.