List Serve - FW: Save Our History Grants Available!

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:08:33 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:08:33 -0600
Subject: List Serve - FW: Save Our History Grants Available!

Greetings from the Save Our History Team at History!

We are thrilled to announce the launch of the 2009/2010 Save Our History Gr ant Cycle. The Save Our History Grant Program provides funding to history organizations that partner with schools on a local community preservation p roject. Since launching the Save Our History Grant Program in 2004, Histor y, formerly known as The History Channel, has awarded over $1 Million Dolla rs in grants to organizations and schools large and small, urban, suburban and rural, in the northern, southern, eastern, western and central United S tates.

During the 2009/2010 school year, History will again award grants of up to
$10,000 to historical organizations to fund hands-on, experiential educatio nal projects that teach students about their local history and actively eng age them in its preservation.

For guidelines and criteria, important dates, and to apply, please visit ww w.saveourhistory.com<http://www.saveourhistory.com/>, and click on grants.
 Applications are due June 5, 2009. Any questions can be directed to info@ saveourhistory.com<mailto:info@saveourhistory.com>.

Best of luck!

The Save Our History Team

Amanda Bagwill Civic Entertainment Group LLC 450 Park Avenue South, 5th Floor New York, NY 10016 D: 212-413-0853 T: 212-426-7006 F: 212-426-7002 amanda.bagwill@cegny.com<mailto:amanda.bagwill@cegny.com>

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

Join the local history list serve - it's quick and easy! Digest version: Send an email to: Digest version: Send an email to: localhistory-digest-request@listserve.uwe c.edu<mailto:localhistory-digest-request@listserve.uwec.edu> and type subsc ribe in the body of the email (not the subject line, with no other text in the email.) Regular version: Send an email to: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu< mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> and type subscribe in the b ody of the email (not the subject line, with no other text in the email.) Review past messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/