Food at Public Gatherings

Kathy Laakso (dchs@douglashistory.org)
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:04:13 -0600

From: "Kathy Laakso" <dchs@douglashistory.org>
Subject: Food at Public Gatherings
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:04:13 -0600

One of our members had a thought and asked me to ask ListServe this question:

When a society or museum has an annual meeting, open to the public, and serves potluck that is provided by the Board of Directors and someone gets sick, can the museum or society get in trouble? Should it be catered?

(.oh, the good old days when if someone said the word, sue, they were usually addressing a woman...)

Kathy Laakso

Douglas County Historical Society