List Serve - Annual Convention Dates and Locations 2009

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:24:42 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:24:42 -0500
Subject: List Serve - Annual Convention Dates and Locations 2009

This year's Regional Convention schedule features some changes that we hope
 will improve the overall experience of networking and learning among local
 history groups. The 2009 Regional Meetings will be held in six locations t hroughout the state. The locations are not defined by region, as they have been in the past, so please review the list of meetings and decide which lo cation is most convenient for you to attend.

The Field Services program is excited to announce that a workshop on fundra ising will be presented at the 2009 meetings. The agenda will also feature a regional roundtable session, updates from WHS and Field Services, and a v ariety of interesting local history programs and tours.

We appreciate the input we received from those who responded to the recent survey. The data collected will be used over the next few years as we plan and coordinate these meetings.

Please mark your calendars now and plan to join your local history colleagu es at one of these meetings. Brochures and registration information will be
 mailed directly later this spring. Look for more information soon on the w eb at www.wisconsinhistory.org/locahistory<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ locahistory>.

July 18 - Old World Wisconsin, Eagle

August 1 - Monticello Historical Society, Monticello

August 8 - Merrill Historical Society, Merrill

August 22 - Winneconne Historical Society, Winneconne

August 29 - Onalaska Historical Society, Onalaska

September 19 - Polk County Historical Society, Balsam Lake

Save the Date: Annual Conference, October 9-10, 2009, Wausau, WI

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

Review past messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/