RE: List Serve FW: Fees for Services

Monette Bebow-Reinhard (grimm1@bayland.net)
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:41:47 -0500

From: "Monette Bebow-Reinhard" <grimm1@bayland.net>
Subject: RE: List Serve FW: Fees for Services
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:41:47 -0500

I've done a number of presentations now on Archaic Copper and have never been able to charge a fee. In one instance they elected to donate to us and in another, I picked up a few members for the museum. In the other two, a complete zero.

Same with groups - I'm not sure we are allowed to charge schools, or non-profits like Cub Scouts. I do believe, however, that the Oconto County Historical does charge a fee when groups tour the Beyer Home Museum in Oconto. Because of road construction, however, our museum has been basically neglected on any group tours. Either they schedule us last, and run out of time, or they don't want to bother with the detour.

I'd like to hear how others do it, too.

Monette

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Seymour, Janet I Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:53 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: List Serve FW: Fees for Services

From: Barbara Hirsch [mailto:bhirsch1@wi.rr.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:52 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Fees for Services

The Oconomowoc Area Historical Society is interested in whether community historical societies or museums charge a fee if a speaker is provided off-site or if fees are charged to student or adult groups who visit the museum especially if activities are provided. We appreciate any information.