RE: Military trail

Monette Bebow-Reinhard (grimm1@bayland.net)
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:23:23 -0500

From: "Monette Bebow-Reinhard" <grimm1@bayland.net>
Subject: RE: Military trail
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:23:23 -0500

I don't know if this is helpful, but I saw a sign of some sort that said military trail on my way to Houghton from Abrams a few weeks ago. I don't know where your land is located, but I traveled north on Hwy 141 for quite a ways. I also don't know where I saw the sign. Sorry. Good luck in your search!

Monette

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Marcie Braski Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 2:47 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Military trail

Hi

Does anyone have knowledge about the Military Trail during the Civil War that went from Green Bay to Superior? The route was purported to bypass more lakes than another route.The trail was made for Cavalry use to protect the settlers from Indians.. Then there were no hostile Indians. A local person related that he had read about it and it goes thru my property in Price County. The ruts are still visible in places on nearby land. Anyone have access to history books on this subject or location of the trail from Price county to Superior?