Re: List Serve IMLS program coming up in Eau Claire

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:27:46 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:27:46 -0500
Subject: FW: List Serve IMLS program coming up in Eau Claire

Kevin O'Connell from the Institute of Museum and Library Institute will be at the Chippewa Valley Museum in Eau Claire on Tuesday, August 25, for a pr esentation on IMLS and its programs. The presentation will be from 9-11 a.m
. More information is below. RSVP directly to IMLS but please let me know i f you have questions.

Susan McLeod, Director Chippewa Valley Museum The Institute of Museum and Library Services, U.S. Senator Herb Kohl and U.S. Representative Ron Kind

Invite you to a Museum and Library Grants Workshop on August 25, 2009 from 9-11 am at the Chippewa Valley Museum 1204 Carson Park Drive Eau Claire, WI 54703

The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Senator Kohl, and Cong ressman Kind believe libraries and museums play a significant role for peop le throughout the area. We hope that this workshop provides a good opportu nity to assist area museums and libraries in navigating the IMLS grant proc ess to better serve their communities.

The workshop will feature IMLS staff and a panel of successful grant applic ants, experienced grant application reviewers, and a representative of the Wisconsin Division of Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning, which administers IMLS’s largest library program in the state.

We hope you can join us as we work together to support Wisconsin museums an d libraries and the communities they serve. Please RSVP to Kevin O’Conne ll at IMLS at koconnell@imls.gov<mailto:koconnell@imls.gov> or 202-653-4628
.

About the Institute of Museum and Library Services The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of feder al support for the nation's 123,000 libraries and 17,500 museums. The Insti tute's mission is to create strong libraries and museums that connect peopl e to information and ideas. The Institute works at the national level and i n coordination with state and local organizations to sustain heritage, cult ure, and knowledge; enhance learning and innovation; and support profession al development. To learn more about the Institute, please visit www.imls.go v<http://www.imls.gov/> .

_ Review past list serve messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

<http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/>