Re: mystery photo

Don Jensen (dnjkenosha@wi.rr.com)
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:38:02 -0600

From: "Don Jensen" <dnjkenosha@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: mystery photo
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:38:02 -0600

Certainly possible, but, to me, it seems more of a "working" uniform, e.g., bell hop, messenger, telegraph deliverer, etc., than a dress uniform which a brass band or militia/marching company might wear. The V could stand for volunteer brigade as well as FB for fire brigade. I began by assuming the G might stand for Grove. But while Elm Grove is in Waukesha County, places like Monona Grove, Maple Grove are not nearby. Now the other thing that complecates things is that we don't even know the organization involved an English. Plenty of possible German words that utilize the letters MGVB, you know. I have no good answers.
-Don Jensen