Re: New Question: Past Perfect on a mac

Jim Laird (jimhope@charter.net)
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:01:18 -0600

From: "Jim Laird" <jimhope@charter.net>
Subject: Re: New Question: Past Perfect on a mac
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:01:18 -0600

From what I understand, you need Windows on apple to run PastPerfect.

Jim Laird
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: LCHS Curator
  To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:01 AM
  Subject: New Question: Past Perfect on a mac

  Well, I said I was grateful to have this resource, and just to show how much I intend to take advantage of you all, here's another query: our institution is planning a big computer purchase and are considering going to Apple computers. Yes, I know they are wonderful, and yes, I know they cost (at least) three times as much as PCs, but my question right now is more specific: are any of you running Past Perfect on the Apple operation system, and, if so, how is that working? I understand there is software available to make this possible, but I would like to hear about actual experiences with how well (or how badly) it does the job.

  Before we even get to the point of discussing whether we can afford them, we need to find out if Apple computers would work well with Past Perfect. Thank you all in advance!

  Peggy Derrick, Curator

  La Crosse County Historical Society

  P.O. Box 1272

  La Crosse, WI 54601-0141