RE: membership

Susan McLeod (SMcLeod@cvmuseum.info)
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:52:11 -0600

From: Susan McLeod <From: Susan McLeod <SMcLeod@cvmuseum.info>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:52:11 -0600
Subject: RE: membership

Hi, Rosalie and Everyone,

I'm attaching an info sheet on inexpensive panel exhibits the Chippewa Vall ey Museum has available for circulation. Venues often augment them with som e of their own collections. If you are interested, email Dorie Boetcher, d. boetcher@cvmuseum.com<mailto:d.boetcher@cvmuseum.com> with your questions a nd possible dates.

If you are able to do something that is larger in scale, I also encourage y ou to look at the NEH on the Road program that is managed by ExhibitsUSA. H ere is the link: http://www.nehontheroad.org/SiteResources/Data/Templates/t 1.asp?docid=543&DocName=Home

NEH on the Road exhibits are about 2,000 square feet although several have potential to be set-up in irregular or smaller spaces. CVM is very fortunat e to have an exhibit traveling through this program (Farm Life: A Century o f Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors) but we also have one of the
 other exhibits (Wrapped in Pride: Kente Cloth and African American Experie nce) here at the museum right now. It's from the Fowler Museum at UCLA and is quite wonderful. There are excellent education materials to go with all the NEH on the Road exhibits. Because NEH greatly subsidizes this program, the sponsor fee is $1,000. You also pay out-going shipping costs but NEH gu arantees that will not be more than $1,000. You also receive an NEH grant o f $1,000 for programming.

Best for 2010, Susan McLeod Director Chippewa Valley Museum
________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of darose Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 1:47 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: membership

Hi, I from the Polk County Historical Society in Balsam Lake, we are very interested in traveling exhibits can you give me information to
 obtain them and if they are expensive? Rosalie Kittleson, Director Polk County Historical Museum
----- Original Message ----- From: Jim Hahn<mailto:jhahn@wchsm.org> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:36 AM Subject: RE: membership

One of our most successful activities was to have a "NEW" traveling exhibit
 come in and get a lot of PR for it. Then we re-trained out Greeter team to
 offer a discounted membership "one-time only" to guests during its run. Re gular $30, TODAY ONLY $20! Every single volunteer greeter secured at least
 one new member, and we smashed our goal for new members from this campaign
.

Now we are focused on stewardship to keep the retention rate high when they
 are asked to renew the next year at the usual dues rate. :)

- Jim Hahn, CFRE
  Director of Development & Marketing
  Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum
  101 W Main Street / Waukesha, WI 53186

  (262) 521-2859 x 228
   (412) 716-1880 cell
   jhahn@wchsm.org

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Kathleen Hart Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 10:30 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: membership

We would like to know how other historical societies seek to expand their m embership. Has anyone solicited their high school alumni as members? Did you send let ters and membership forms via U.S. mail or did you use an email format? Any suggest ions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.