RE: Research Fees

Historical (historical@buffalocounty.com)
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:23:10 -0600

Subject: RE: Research Fees
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:23:10 -0600
From: "Historical" <historical@buffalocounty.com>

Bill,

                We charge $10/hour for members and $15/hr for non members. They also pay the copying fees that we have and postage. We charge copy fees because many times we are getting copies from other offices besides our own and must pay them the same fees. We charge the same amount whether a researcher is a volunteer or a paid person. But we do not charge for the use of our facility for research, so a volunteer that is doing research for someone that did not go through our society only pays for copies and other costs.

Thank you,

Mr. Kelly Herold Executive Director Buffalo County Historical Society 407 South Second St. PO Box 394 Alma, WI 54610 608-685-6290

http://www.bchsonline.com <http://www.bchsonline.com>

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Schuette Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 6:59 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Research Fees

We are looking to revamp our research request fees, and wonder what other historical societies charge for that kind of service.

Do you use a flat rate for different kinds of research? Or do you go by an hourly rate? If so, what is your rate/hour?

If your researchers are volunteers, do you charge the research requestor for their time?

Thanks, for any help you may wish to share.

Bill Schuette

Sauk County Historical Society