Re: Tell Congress to Restore Preservation Funding

Genell Scheurell (Genell_Scheurell@nthp.org)
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:45:45 -0500

From: Genell Scheurell <Genell_Scheurell@nthp.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:45:45 -0500
Subject: FW: Tell Congress to Restore Preservation Funding

Please consider taking action today.

Genell Scheurell | Senior Program Officer, Midwest Office National Trust for Historic Preservation | 53 W. Jackson Boulevard, Suite 3 50, Chicago, Illinois 60604 Phone: 312.939.5547, Ext. 37223 | Fax: 312.939.5651| Email: genell_scheurel l@nthp.org | www.PreservationNation.org<http://www.preservationnation.org/>

From: National Trust for Historic Preservation [mailto:policy@nthp.org] Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 3:20 PM To: Genell Scheurell Subject: Tell Congress to Restore Preservation Funding

[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/61948.jpg]

 Historic Preservation Needs Your Help

ACT NOW<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=Zy0sFzHciRPyhHMUohfq8Q.
.> to Restore Funding for Historic Preservation Programs
[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/67364.jpg]

The Star Spangled Banner is just one of 1,200 sites and collections that have received critical funding through the Save America's Treasures program.
(Photo Credit: Ira Block/National Geographic and Jeffrey Tinsley)

Last week, President Obama released his FY 2011 budget request that would e liminate funding for Save America's Treasures (SAT) and Preserve America (P A), and cut funding for National Heritage Areas by 50 percent. These criti cal historic preservation programs matter now more than ever -- not only be cause they protect our national heritage but because they serve as economic
 development engines and job creators in the thousands of communities they serve. For example, Save America's Treasures alone has been responsible fo r more than 16,000 jobs since it was created just ten years ago.

We're asking you to act now<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=o6S EQR5402CoQbV2r3Dj0A..> and use our easy online form to send a message to yo ur members of Congress asking them to support restoration of funding for Sa ve America's Treasures and other preservation programs as the House and Sen ate work on their respective budget bills. Simply enter your zip code. It
's easy and takes a few minutes. We have provided a sample letter but we en courage you to personalize it.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

 * Contact your Senators and Representative and ask them to support resto ration of funding to Save America's Treasures and other preservation progra ms.<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=PjmPuRmg-PiK9vlpWP3Dhg..>
 * Forward this message<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=lb2wH o62cXTC3U64GhC94Q..> to at least five of your friends and colleagues asking
 them to send a message as well.
 * Share this information on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks
 using this link:http://bit.ly/savepresfunding<http://my.preservationnation
.org/site/R?i=fiMpS8wHtqckvk1-tEj4fA..>.

TAKE ACTION TODAY<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=dWjCbcZ9ZoWoR SnSwh5gwg..>

For additional information, visit: http://www.preservationnation.org/save-americas-treasures<http://my.preserv ationnation.org/site/R?i=X-tfMo90mHsT6sSupenyrw..>

[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/67362.gif]<htt p://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=L2uGFHsmhs8wuFQirNppnQ..>

[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/67361.gif]<htt p://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=cLP0qTONpt2cqVMr2Pmkmw..>

[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/67360.gif]<htt p://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=2dz_pKhCqPkMU_2fgX_9Iw..>

National Trust for Historic Preservation 1785 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20036 202-588-6000 / 800-315-6847 members@nthp.org<mailto:members@nthp.org> / http://www.preservationnation.o rg/<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=DkXPvcypJE0gh8y2xvKfAA..>

Update Your Email Preferences<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/CO?i= A60bu8Tdad_KcnBOtVYcG64x6XC1D2c7&cid=1261> - View as HTML<http://my.prese rvationnation.org/site/R?i=OTStU6PvEdqNNJpn4-zk8A..> - Forward to a Frien d<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=rxo0z_ERC0ZBpva4cmLWOQ..>