Please circulate

Andy Frank (andyfrank@wi.rr.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:47:09 -0600

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:47:09 -0600
Subject: Please circulate
From: Andy Frank <andyfrank@wi.rr.com>

10 years ago the Wisconsin Historical Society suffered a devastating "inside job" theft of their Native American collection. Only about 10% of the 300 items that were stolen have been recovered. Of course, no amount of insurance could ever truly "replace" these things. The State Historical Society's experience is also an excellent reminder of the importance of keeping a photographic record of all museum accessions, both new and old.

Please circulate this amongst your Native American, historical society, collector, pipemaker, flintknapper, academic, and museum circles in the hope that these stolen objects will yet resurface.

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/collections/object-recovery.asp

Andrea Frank Caretaker of Native American Collection Mukwonago Historical Society Red Brick House Museum