2010 WI Oral History Day: 20-day-reminder

2010 WI Oral History Day (treeves@library.wisc.edu)
Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:17:44 -0600

From: "2010 WI Oral History Day" <treeves@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: 2010 WI Oral History Day: 20-day-reminder
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:17:44 -0600

Hello, all:

[Some of you will get an email similar to this more than once, a nd I apologize for that.]

2010 Wisconsin Oral History Day (WOHD) is twenty days away. We h ave had a strong initial response to our publicity, and I appreciate all th at you all have done to assist in that. But since we still have room for mo re people at both the Sunday and Monday events, I send a reminder email her e.

Here's the website: http://www.slis.wisc.edu/continueed/oralhist/ It has the full program, the registration form, and our "Why WOHD" document. We i ntend (thanks to our friends at UW--Milwaukee, UW--Madison Libraries, and C ontinuing Studies at UW--Madison's Library School) to post a link with park ing information and to a .pdf version of this year's flyer very soon.& #160;

The registration form, whether you intend to pay the "fee," i.e. purchase lunch on Monday, or not is important to us to determine how many folks to prepare/create Sunday and Monday refreshments for. Plus, we s till have plenty of free gifts to give to early registrants. (The free gift is one of three recently published books.) We have a soft deadline for reg istration of 3/22, meaning people can register after (or come to either eve nt the day of) but we cannot get you a lunch if you register after 3/22.

Funding: We want to thank the Wisconsin Humanities Council, the Wisconsin Labor History Society, the UW--Lacrosse Oral History Program, and the UW--Milwaukee Hmong Diaspora Studies Program, for their generous recen t financial support of the event. They, along with the other sponsors, appe ar either with their logos within the context of the program or at the bott om. Without them (and previous sponsors) this event would not exist.

That's all for now.

Troy