Re: Scanning Documents

Mary Lee (klaus.haus@maqs.net)
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:42:15 -0500

From: "Mary Lee" <klaus.haus@maqs.net>
Subject: Re: Scanning Documents
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:42:15 -0500

Bill...As Secretary of the Adams County Historical Society, my thoughts would be that they would be charged per page just like a regular copy. The info would still be owned by us and they are still getting a copy of the info. Hope this helps. Mary Lee
----- Original Message ----- From: Bill Schuette To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:55 AM Subject: Scanning Documents

How do others handle a situation like this: We have researchers who bring their own laptops and flatbed scanners along when doing research at our museum. If they find documents in our files relating to their research, they scan them into their computers. At this time we are not charging anything as this practice is relatively new. How do other museums accommodate this situation? Do you charge per page? Or do you charge a flat fee? Thanks for your help. Bill Schuette Sauk County Historical Society Baraboo, WI