RE: List serve FW: Speaker suggestion?

Grabitske, David (David.Grabitske@MNHS.ORG)
Tue, 18 May 2010 12:37:39 -0500

From: "Grabitske, David" <David.Grabitske@MNHS.ORG>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:37:39 -0500
Subject: RE:  List serve FW: Speaker suggestion?

Tracey Baker, a librarian at Minnesota Historical Society in St. Paul MN, h as taught classes on researching house history. Her email is as taught classes on researching house history. Her email is tracey.baker@m nhs.org<mailto:tracey.baker@mnhs.org>

Mary Warner, museum manager at the Morrison County Historical Society in Li ttle Falls MN, wrote a Technical Leaflet on researching the history of a ho use for the American Association for State and Local History. Mary is an ex cellent speaker, and knows what it is like to work at a local historical or ganization: contactstaff@morrisoncountyhistory.org<mailto:<mailto:contactstaff@morr isoncountyhistory.org>

Hope this helps, David Grabitske

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Kirsten Villegas Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:56 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: List serve FW: Speaker suggestion?

Our Archivist at the Waukesha County Museum is very knowledgeable and can s peak on this. In fact, he is currently conducting a three part series calle d "Who's Been Living in Your House?" on property research. See link below f or the program.

http://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org/calendar.html

Kirsten Lee Villegas Executive Director - Waukesha County Museum 101 W. Main St., Waukesha, WI 53186
(262) 521-2859 ext. 222 kvillegas@wchsm.org<mailto:kvillegas@wchsm.org>

[cid:[cid:image001.jpg@01CAF686.E783DE30]<http://www.smithkramer.com/web/index.p hp?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=9> The Nature of Dogs Presented in partnership with HAWS<http://hawspets.org/> - April 10 to June
 12, 2010 Event Calendar<http://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org/calendar.html>, Scout pr ograms<http://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org/scouts.html>

Visit www.waukeshacountymuseum.org<http://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org> for
 info on tours<http://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org/group_tours.html>, camps
<http://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org/summer_camp.html>, Scout programs<http
://www.waukeshacountymuseum.org/scouts.html>, Discovery Boxes<http://www.wa
ukeshacountymuseum.org/discovery_boxes.html>, and other programs<http://www
.waukeshacountymuseum.org/calendar.html> at the Waukesha County Museum!

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Nick Hoffman Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:25 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: List serve FW: Speaker suggestion?

Hello,

I recommend Mark Speltz. His article "If Ordinary Walls Could Talk" (Wisco nsin Magazine of History, spring 2008) provides a fantastic overview on how
 to research a home. Mark is a member of this listserv.

Sincerely,

Nick Hoffman

Director and Curator Elkhart County Historical Museum Bristol, Indiana

-----Original Message----- From: "Seymour, Janet I" <DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu> Sent 5/18/2010 10:54:13 AM To: "localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu" <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: List serve FW: Speaker suggestion?

Please respond if you have any suggestion. Thank you!

From: Gail Jolliffe, Waterford Public Library [mailto:jolliffe@waterford.li b.wi.us] Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 3:29 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu

Forgive me but I new to this listserve. Is there a suggestion of a speaker
 who addresses how to go about doing a house history of one's residence.

image001.jpg