RE: list serve FW: highway signs

Historical (historical@buffalocounty.com)
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:09:27 -0500

Subject: RE: list serve FW: highway signs
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:09:27 -0500
From: "Historical" <historical@buffalocounty.com>

I would talk first with your county highway department. They usually have all of the required forms or would have the contact for the state office where you would have to apply for such a sign. If I remember correctly, the historical marker and historical museum programs are a special program through the state, but they may let the county administer it.

Mr. Kelly Herold Executive Director Buffalo County Historical Society 407 South Second St. PO Box 394 Alma, WI 54610 608-685-6290

http://www.bchsonline.com

Make a Donation
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=historica l%4 0buffalocounty%2Ecom&item_name=&no_shipping=1&pbtype=donation&bn= paywiz4 mso-001.000&mrb=R-4VT64848FL959270J>

________________________________

This email was generated using the Payment Request Wizard (for Microsoft Outlook) <https://www.paypal.com/outlook> . Visit www.paypal.com/outlook to download a free copy from PayPal.

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Seymour, Janet I Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:16 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: list serve FW: highway signs

From: TNCMCD@aol.com [mailto:TNCMCD@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 2:45 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: (no subject)

Can anyone tell me how it is possible to obtain the brown state highway signs that carry messages such as "historical marker 1/2 miles ahead" or
"historical museum "?

Our museum is located on a state highway and a sign like this would be excellent, as it might keep folks from speeding past our location.

Thanks!

Stone Lake Area Historical Society

P.O. Box 68

Stone Lake, WI 54876