RE: Photo requests from businesses

Kraushaar, Andy W - WHS (Andy.Kraushaar@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:31:12 -0500

From: "Kraushaar, Andy W - WHS" <Andy.Kraushaar@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:31:12 -0500
Subject: RE: Photo requests from businesses

Hello all,

We do this sort of work routinely and have our pricing structure, etc. on o ur website (www.wisconsinhistory.org/whi). We generally make the prints our selves, but if you do allow the patron to make prints for the exhibit, make
 sure they understand that anyone interested in additional prints needs to contact you directly. A good credit for each image in the exhibit is also a
 good idea.

Andy Kraushaar Visual Materials Curator Library-Archives Division Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street Madison, WI 53706 Andy.Kraushaar@Wisconsinhistory.org
(608) 264-6481
  Wisconsin Historical Images http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whi WHS Images on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/whsimages
  Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 11:52 AM To: Listserve Subject: Photo requests from businesses

  Hello listserve members,
  Our historical society has had our first request from a local business for pictures from our photo collection to use at their business. They would put
 enlargements on the wall in their lobby.  They want them in a digita l format so they can have the enlargements made themselves. I would like to
 know how other societies have handled charges for this type of request. We
 think it's a good idea but also feel we should get proper compensation for
 this. We do have signed "permission to use" forms from the people who al low us to scan their pictures.
  I appreciate all the wonderful help from this listserve. It sure helps when
 decision making!
  Nancy O'Kelley President Howard-Suamico Historical Society