Re: Questions about Blogs

Kathryn Otto (kathryn.otto@uwrf.edu)
Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:12:03 -0500

Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:12:03 -0500
From: Kathryn Otto <kathryn.otto@uwrf.edu>
Subject: Re: Questions about Blogs

  Sara,

Yes, a blog is searchable using Google or another search tool. Try searching "Drupal Gardens Harris" on Google and you will find my blog entry on "Norton Knows." (Yes, a dumb blog name, but it was for a very specific purpose!) Right now the blog entry is showing up as the 2nd thing after the actual article that I'm talking about in the posting.

If you're not one of the big, well-known blogs, your entries wouldn't show up very high in the results list unless you make sure that you use terms in the blog post's title or the posting itself that make it stand out -- e.g. there's nothing else on the Internet using those terms. So think about writing your postings so there are terms in the post that people might use when searching the Internet that will bring them to your posting, and you don't get lost on page 10 of the results list!

Kathryn Otto University Archives & Area Research Center UW-River Falls