Re: [Coalition for Full Funding] Exciting news and updates

Genell Scheurell (Genell_Scheurell@nthp.org)
Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:16:37 -0400

From: Genell Scheurell <Genell_Scheurell@nthp.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:16:37 -0400
Subject: FW: [Coalition for Full Funding] Exciting news and updates

For your information. If you are not familiar with the Historic Preservati on Fund, it funds some of the work of the State Historic Preservation Offic e (http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/hp), part of the Wisconsin Historical So ciety, with monies collected from off-shore oil leases.

I'm sure several of your organizations have joined the Coalition for Full F unding but if you have not, please consider doing so.

Genell Scheurell

Genell Scheurell | Senior Program Officer, Midwest Office National Trust for Historic Preservation | 53 W. Jackson Boulevard, Suite 3 50, Chicago, Illinois 60604 Phone: 312.939.5547, Ext. 37223 | Fax: 312.939.5651| Email: genell_scheurel l@nthp.org | www.PreservationNation.org<http://www.preservationnation.org/>

From: fullyfundhpf@googlegroups.com [mailto:fullyfundhpf@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Harbeson, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:57 AM To: fullyfundhpf@googlegroups.com Subject: [Coalition for Full Funding] Exciting news and updates

Friends and Allies:

It's official: the Coalition for Full Funding is everywhere! As of last w eek, there are members in all 50 states, the district of Columbia and seven
 tribes. With just shy of 250 members, we're in a strong position for a ma jor push to get full funding for the Historic Preservation Fund through the
 Senate this fall. There is a lot of work to do, though, for what is likel y to be an up-hill battle, so continue spreading the word to your friends, neighbors, partners and colleagues, and encourage them to follow your lead in supporting this important effort.

Also this week, we learned of a glimmer of more good news out of the White House. At the end of July, the White House quietly released a Statement of
 Administrative Policy on the House CLEAR Act. The last paragraph of the st atement says that: "The Administration strongly supports funding for land a nd water conservation and historic preservation projects that prioritize th e needs of the Nation based on competitive process." While we wait to see whether this statement manifests itself in any tangible evidence of support
 for historic preservation, it is a good start - and one we can use to bols ter our efforts in the Senate. The full text can be found here: http://www
.fullyfundhpf.org/home/legislation.

It's critical that we continue in our efforts to push the Senate to include
 the HPF as part of the Senate Energy Bill. We urge you to contact your Se nator's state offices and ask that the Senator request Senator Harry Reid i nclude full and guaranteed funding for the Historic Preservation Fund in S. 3663, the Senate Energy Bill, when the bill comes to the floor this fall. A s always, you can use the talking points located on the FullyFund website: http://www.fullyfundhpf.org/home/fact_sheets_and_information.

Thank you for everything you to do support historic preservation in your co mmunities, and for your support of the Coalition for Full Funding.

Best, Kristen

Kristen Harbeson, State Services Director | NCSHPO | National Conference o f State Historic Preservation Officers | 444 N Capitol St NW Suite 342 | Washington DC 20001-1512 | 202-624-5465 | 202-624-5419 fax | harbeson@sso.org | www.ncshpo.org

Join the Coalition for Full Funding of the Historic Preservation Fund. visi t the website at: www.fullyfundhpf.org<http://www.fullyfund.org/>