Wisconsin Story Booth (Sterling Hall Bombing): final results

WI Oral History Day (treeves@library.wisc.edu)
Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:48:19 -0500

From: "WI Oral History Day" <treeves@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: Wisconsin Story Booth (Sterling Hall Bombing): final results
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:48:19 -0500

{Note: I apologize for not sending out this s ummary sooner. Blame Point 3. TR}

I email for three reasons. First a belated th ank you to everyone who told their story, volunteered to facilitate at the story booth, and publicized this event in any way. We averaged basically a story and half per hour, meaning we finished with over 95 stories deposited into the booth! None of that would have happened without your work.

Second, even though the booth has been out of Memorial for over a week now, there are still ways for folks to leave thei r Sterling Hall Bombing stories with us. If they want to tell their stories , they can call my phone number 608-890-1899 and leave their story as a mes sage on my voice mail (after 4:30 pm or before 8:30 am will get them right to my voice mail). They would need to leave their name, number, and mailing address, so I can send them a release form.

Or, if they would rather write out their stor ies, they can email it to uwarchiv@library.wisc.edu or send it U.S. mail (U W—Madison Archives, 430 Steenbock Library, 550 Babcock Dr., Madison, WI 5 3706).

And, either Mike Lawler, from the Wisconsin S tory Project, or I will be getting in touch with people who felt their stor y best fit into a more structured interview to set up and conduct oral hist ory interviews this fall and winter.

Basically, the Story Booth was the not the be ginning and end but the beginning of getting a more complete picture of the bombing (and the larger Vietnam Era on campus and the community) from as m any folks who experienced it as possible.

Third and final, we finished our mini-movie a nd podcast on the Sterling Hall Bombing (great thanks to Erin Dix for her w ork on them) and have posted the movie to YouTube and the podcast to our we bsite. You can go to our webpage at http://archives.library.wisc.edu/oral-h istory/campusvoices.html and click on the Sterling Hall bombing link.

Once again, thanks to all!

Troy