RE: Civil War start 150th anniversary in 2011 -- ideas

Patricia A. Lynch (harvestgraphics@hotmail.com)
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:09:21 -0500

From: "Patricia A. Lynch" <harvestgraphics@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Civil War start 150th anniversary in 2011 -- ideas
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:09:21 -0500

Thanks, Bette. I was ready to offer our services, not only as a Civil W ar Dance group, but as passionate supporters of the story of the Wisconsi n Homefront, especially the local and national movement to provide wartim e and post-war care for needy and disabled soldiers. The West Side Soldier s Aid Society is a research-based living history group and modern-day soldi ers' aid society. Our West Side Victorian Dancers offer regular dance sessi ons, but we'll travel just about anywhere to bring this aspect of 19th-ce ntury culture to life. We even brave dance lessons for the 2,000+ student s at the Civil War School Day at Blue Mound State Park! We offer our servic es free of charge, but we never turn down a donation, especially since those funds help with our outreach to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and to
 patients at Milwaukee's VA Medical Center.

Learn more about us one facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro up.php?gid=287723871801 or at www.wssas.org.

I close with a heart-felt thank-you to Bette and friends at the Stahl Conra d Homestead whose generous hospitality in the use of the barn allowed us to
 start our dance adventure several years ago!

Patricia Lynch 414-427-3776