Monroe Co Local History Room Featured in Magazine

Monroe County Local History Room (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:05:24 -0500

From: "Monroe County Local History Room" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: Monroe Co Local History Room Featured in Magazine
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:05:24 -0500

Monroe County Local History Room Website Recognized in National Magazine

The Monroe County Local History Room's website, www.MCLHR.org
<http://www.mclhr.org/> , was recently recognized as an outstanding online genealogical resource in Family Tree Magazine, a leading publication for family history researchers. According to the publication's website, Family Tree Magazine reaches the widest audience of family history enthusiasts of any genealogy publication. In the December 2010 issue, Local History Room website user Carolyn Engstrom shares her praises for the website in the magazine's forum section, "I learned so much just from the search, let alone the records I ordered. I think [the Local History Room's website] should be a model for other organizations."

Discovering the national acclaim was a surprise, according to Local History Room Director, Jarrod Roll. "Monroe County, Wisconsin is one of 3100 counties in the US; to have our county's website singled out in a national publication is really incredible. It's an honor to be recognized for the dedicated work volunteers and staff have been doing behind the scenes at the History Room. We hope this exposure spreads the word about our useful website," stated Roll.

The Monroe County Local History Room's award winning website, www.MCLHR.org
<http://www.mclhr.org/> , provides a wealth of information for anyone researching genealogy and local history. The website features numerous indexed resources from the Local History Room library. Online patrons can search Monroe County newspapers, court records, cemetery indexes, naturalization records and more. An average of 2000 online patrons visit the website monthly.

For those able to do their Monroe County research in person, the Local History Room research library is an essential resource to the genealogist and local historian. A wide variety of information is available on Monroe County, its townships, cities, villages, and people. Access to this information can be obtained via the Local History Room website or by visiting the Local History Room library in-person. The Local History Room is located at 200 West Main St., Sparta and is open daily, Monday through Saturday.

Family Tree Mag cover020.jpg