Historical Society & Museum Strategic Plan

Glenn Brazelton (gbraze@cox.net)
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:43:58 -0500

From: "Glenn Brazelton" <gbraze@cox.net>
Subject: Historical Society & Museum Strategic Plan
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:43:58 -0500

Hello Everyone, We are developing a Strategic Plan, or Master Plan, for our Price County Historical Society. To assist in this endeavor, we are looking for samples of existing plans that we can draw on in designing and completing a strategic plan for a small county historical society with a museum and several buildings and a small but diverse variety of collections. We are also looking to use the strategic plan to address the maintenance and development of both affiliated and non-affiliated historical and cultural assets within the county. At this point, we hope to address a variety of topics including the following and others:
  a.. Background, Mission, Goals & Objectives
  b.. Organization & Membership
  c.. Management Policies (Collection Management Policy, etc)
  d.. Assets across Core & Affiliated Organizations
    a.. Physical Facilities
      a.. Historical Society Complex
      b.. County Historical Assets
    b.. Collections & Exhibitions
    c.. Events Calendar
    d.. Volunteer Program
    e.. Education & Public Programs
    f.. Technology
    g.. Other Sites & Organizations
  e.. Financial Management
    a.. Budget
    b.. Development Plan
  f.. Near-Term Needs & Long-Term Requirements
    a.. Near-Term Needs by Category
    b.. Mid- to Long-Term Development Requirements
    c.. Priorities by Category
    d.. Development Strategies
  g.. Endorsements
    a.. Affiliated Organizations
    b.. County Board of Supervisors
    c.. Wisconsin Historical Society Our objective is to use this plan to support various development and fund raising strategies. Once we have an approved draft we may use the AASLH StEPs process to validate our planning.

We would appreciate copies of any plans that you are aware of that would fit this need. I can also be reached at gbraze@cox.net or 757-256-7042

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas Regards, Glenn Brazelton