RE: Curled Photos

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:39:21 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:39:21 -0600
Subject: RE: Curled Photos

Bill,

Here is a link to a "Conserve O Gram" by the National Parks Service on flat tening rolled documents and papers. Basically, it's a two-step process of h umidifying and flattening.

http://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/conserveogram/13-02.pdf

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have additional questions
 and we can provide additional assistance.

Janet

Field Services is now on Facebook! Stay informed about upcoming events and connect with local history and pres ervation colleagues across the state. Find us on <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Historical-Society-Fiel d-Services/137197716311864?ref=search&v=wall#!/pages/Wisconsin-Historic al-Society-Field-Services/137197716311864> Facebook

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region, Wisconsin Historical Socie ty c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire 105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701 Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [ [localhistory-request@listser ve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Schuette [wschuette@wicw.net] Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:04 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Curled Photos

We have a few curled photos in our collection. They are usually 8 x 10 or l arger and are curled into a tube shape. Does anyone have a method of perman ently straightening out these photos without damaging them? Thanks for your help. Bill Schuette Photo Archivist Sauk County Historical Society