RE: Pay for entertainment

Lutzke, Wendy (wlutzke@WisconsinMaritime.Org)
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:45:13 -0600

Subject: RE: Pay for entertainment
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:45:13 -0600
From: "Lutzke, Wendy" <wlutzke@WisconsinMaritime.Org>

If there is a speaker/musician fee we decide whether that works into our budget before signing a contract. Sometimes there's not a fee, but we try to offer mileage payment at the very least. We invite the entertainer to bring his/her own CDs or books to sell if they would like, or often they like to have our museum store manager sell items through our store. These are all ways that entertainers can be paid back for their time. Each one is different, so it's nice to talk with them to find out what they prefer.

Wendy Lutzke

Museum Educator

Wisconsin Maritime Museum

75 Maritime Drive

Manitowoc, WI 54220

1-866-724-2356 x 115

www.wisconsinmaritime.org

From: Marcie [mailto:cen95870@centurytel.net] Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:57 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Pay for entertainment

Hi

What criteria do you use for determining pay for entertainment at your activities?

Marcie Braski, Pres.

Knox Creek Heritage Ctr

Brantwood WI