RE: Ideas for bound newspapers.

Draeger, Jim R - WHS (Jim.Draeger@wisconsinhistory.org)
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:29:30 -0600

From: "Draeger, Jim R - WHS" <Jim.Draeger@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:29:30 -0600
Subject: RE: Ideas for bound newspapers.

One idea would be to check with the high school history teachers. Many tea chers are looking to teach students how to use primary sources and historic
 newspapers would be useful material. Perhaps the school library would be interested in acquiring them if the history teachers can incorporate them i nto their curriculum.

Jim

Jim Draeger Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street Madison, WI 53706 Phone 608 264 6511 Email jim.draeger@wisconsinhistory.org Web Site http://www.wisconsinhistory.org

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Ryan Rabuck Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:13 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Ideas for bound newspapers.

We have many duplicate copies of local newspapers that are bound. Our local historical society has no room to accept them. We are looking for ideas on Fundraising Ideas or other uses for them.

Thanks for your help

Ryan Rabuck Reedsburg Public Library