Re: membership dues

Mary Lee (klaus.haus@maqs.net)
Mon, 16 May 2011 17:45:26 -0500

From: "Mary Lee" <klaus.haus@maqs.net>
Subject: Re: membership dues
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:45:26 -0500

Ruth.....We only have three classes of membership at this time. We cut out the life memberships because we only had about twenty members that were not life members and we were not able to make it with no dues coming in. Now we have a single @ $15.00, family @ $20.00, and student
@ $2.00. After being a member of the state society and a couple of county societies, I feel the dues are very reasonable and know that we should raise them, but, in today's market, we would not have anyone join if we raise prices. Our society is not well to do, and we are staying close to the bone right now so we don't fall apart. Wish it was better, but......... Mary Lee Klaus, Secretary, Adams County Historical Society
----- Original Message ----- From: Ruth Haglund To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:36 PM Subject: membership dues

We are interested in knowing what your present membership dues are and if you have more than one class of dues. Do you have a lifetime membership class?? We are contemplating a proposed increase in dues with our next budget. Has the downturn in the economy made a difference in your membership retention or other monetary donations to your organization?
  Thank you for your comments.
  Mt.Horeb Area Historical Society 138 E. Main St Mt. Horeb, WI 53572